The NextGen Counselor works within the NextGen track area of The United Methodist Church of Missouri. This position works in cooperation with the NextGen Mobile Camp to help produce a God inspired, fun filled, life changing week of camp for everyone attending. This position will operate from mid-May through the end of July.
- Lead daily Bible studies within the group of counselors
- Know and express their personal testimony with campers
- Understand opportunities to disciple campers
- Have one-on-one discussions with campers about their faith
- Work with other counselors to lead camper groups throughout the week
- Bring High Energy to every aspect of camp
- Assist with set up, operation, and tear down of all camp equipment
- Work with local church members to provide a welcoming experience for all campers
- Participate in all camp games, songs, and activities
- Willingness to flex to 1 of 3 tracks based on particular skill set
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with other offices in the building
- Preferred experience in a related degree or job field.
- Some experience in ministry whether paid or unpaid required.
- Ability to maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Ability to adhere to and manage the approved budget.
- Excellent communication skills, specifically, strong writing and editing skills.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Desire to serve Jesus Christ, through the Church, with a loving, warm, welcoming, and helpful nature. Also, a desire for discipleship and servant leadership.
- Desire to support and grow the United Methodist Church, and a basic understanding of UMC polity and governance.
- This position requires confidentiality, decorum, creativity, flexibility, a diverse skill set and collaboration with internal and external groups. There is a high degree of social interaction required.