The NextGen Intern works within the NextGen Mobile Camp to help produce a God inspired, fun filled, life changing week of camp for everyone attending. This position will operate from the end of May through August 9, 2020. Counselors will travel to different local churches around Missouri to host camp each week, leading worship, small group, and activities. Interns will be able to specialize in one of the three tracks: technology, creativity, or sports.
- Lead daily Bible studies within the group of interns
- Know and express their personal testimony with campers
- Understand opportunities to disciple campers
- Have one-on-one discussions with campers about their faith
- Work with other interns to lead camper groups throughout the week
- Bring High Energy to every aspect of camp
- Assist with set up, operation, and tear down of all camp equipment
- Work with local church members to provide a welcoming experience for all campers
- Participate in all camp games, songs, and activities
- Willingness to flex to 1 of 3 tracks based on particular skill set
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with other offices in the building
- Preferred experience in a related degree or job field.
- Some experience in ministry whether paid or unpaid required.
- Ability to maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Ability to adhere to and manage the approved budget.
- Excellent communication skills, specifically, strong writing and editing skills.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Desire to serve Jesus Christ, through the Church, with a loving, warm, welcoming, and helpful nature. Also, a desire for discipleship and servant leadership.
- Desire to support and grow the United Methodist Church, and a basic understanding of UMC polity and governance.
- This position requires confidentiality, decorum, creativity, flexibility, a diverse skill set and collaboration with internal and external groups. There is a high degree of social interaction required.