The NextGen Staff Development Intern works within the NextGen area of The United Methodist Church of Missouri. This position works in cooperation with the NextGen Mobile Camp Coordinator to develop all aspects of the NextGen mobile track as well as play a key role in the summer logistics of the NextGen mobile track.
- Work with the mobile camp coordinator to develop all aspects of the NextGen Mobile Track.
- Assist mobile camp churches with development of marketing strategies to promote their camp within their communities
- Assist mobile camp churches in developing strategies for recruiting volunteers
- Assist local church with organization of host homes/sleeping arrangements for staff
- Lead Volunteer training on Sunday evening before each week of camp
- Coordinate basic communications between churches and the Conference office
- Work with mobile camp coordinator to develop post camp follow up tools
- Preferred experience in a related degree, or job-related experience.
- Some experience in ministry whether paid or unpaid required.
- Ability to maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities
- Ability to adhere to and manage the approved budget
- Excellent communication skills, specifically, strong writing and editing skills.
- Problem-solving attitude
- Proficient computer skills.
- Desire to serve Jesus Christ, through the Church, with a loving, warm, welcoming, and helpful nature. Also, a desire for discipleship and servant leadership.
- Desire to support and grow the United Methodist Church, and a basic understanding of UMC polity and governance.
- This position requires confidentiality, decorum, creativity, flexibility, a diverse skill set and collaboration with internal and external groups. There is a high degree of social interaction required.